Record live drums like a pro
From producing music for the BBC to headlining Glastonbury, Nikolaj Bjerre is an accomplished recording engineer and drummer across all music styles.
In this course, he’ll walk you through his four favourite techniques to record great sounding drums at home or in the studio with:
a simple 1 microphone setup, a great way to lay down a demo very fast
a 3 microphone setup, adding the kick-drum and snare in the mix
a 5 microphone setup, also known as the Glyn Johns’ recording method
and an “ultimate” close-mic setup with 13 microphones
Basically, he’ll show you how he works on a daily basis and what he does during a recording session. For each setup, Nik will walk you through the types of microphones he uses and explains how to place them to get the best sound.
Because you’ll be looking at such a wide range of techniques for recording drums, this course can be applied to recording at home in a very simple setup or you can use the more advanced techniques in the recording studio.
If you’ve never recording drums before this course will get you on the fast track to producing some great sounding drums in no time!
For £188 you get:
– PDF downloads with detailed mic descriptions and setup
– WAV files with recorded samples
– On-demand lifetime access to all lessons
– Available on desktop, mobile and tablet
– 100% satisfaction guarantee
– 2x challenge assignments where you can have a go at recording drums and get 1-2-1 personal support and feedback from Nik – gold dust advice that will get you on the right track with drum production and keep you there.