The Live Touring Toolkit
An intensive and practical 1-day course, delivered by International Rock Festival and Tour Manager Renu Mcgarry, providing an essential toolkit for anyone considering liver performances, festival shows and national or international touring. Ideal for artists, DJs and managers.
* Key stakeholders, roles and responsibilities
* Strategic planning
* Who’s touring for?
* What, where and when to tour
* Planning touring production and equipment
* Financial considerations: costing touring
* Crowdfunding and other funding sources
* Logistics: visas, flights, insurance, transfers, accommodation, per diems
* Legal: contracts, responsibilities of all stakeholders
* Importance of establishing in emerging markets
* Artistic development
* Marketing assets for and during touring
* Doing your research for long-term development
* Forming and growing business partnerships
* Inward and outward collaboration
* Skills sharing
* Improving your brand/profile at home and abroad
* Live Aid: crowdfunding, sponsorships and endorsements for festivals
About Renu McGarry
Renu McGarry is an Advocate in Bar Council of India with 10 years experience in international touring, festivals, events and artist management. She has represented many Indian metal/rock artists such as Blind Image, Demonic Resurrection, Eccentric Pendulum, 1833AD, Motherjane etc with concerts and festivals. Early 2009 Renu’s company expanded by announcing their exclusive metal festival in India – Deccan Rock featuring heavy metal pioneers Amon Amarth from Stockholm, Sweden and Textures from Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Renu has developed a new business model for artists looking to break into emerging markets like India, Dubai, Sri Lanka and Nepal working with over 45 internationally acclaimed artists including Amon Amarth (Sweden), Gojira (France), Wolfmother (Australia), Poets of the fall (Finland), Karnivool (Australia), Behemoth (Poland) and Carcass (UK).
Dates: November 24th + 25th
Location: Tileyard Studios, London N7
Course fee: £199
This course is suitable for anyone considering live performances, touring or playing at festivals.