What is Growth Hacking?
The term originated in Silicon Valley and in its essence it’s the idea that an entrepreneur or organisation can take a non-traditional approach to increasing the growth rate/adoption of their product by “hacking” something together specifically for growth purposes. Its more about achieving an objective rather than following a prescribed process. Its about the intersection between Marketing, Product, Technology, Data and even HR, Finance and other departments.
Its about rapid exponential and viral growth. Its about testing and learning i.e. Hypothesis-Experiment-Learn-Implement and then repeating over and over. That is, hard-core data analysis of user experience and conversion. In general Growth Hacking has been used for technology products and software and the principles of Growth Hacking can be applied to any business that has customers, consumers, users, and fans.
This 1-day course covers:
How do search engines work?
• Short introduction to search engines
• Search spiders
• SEO facts and figures – Size of the Prize
• How important is SEO today, tomorrow?
• Search is still the biggest game in town – Millions of keyword combinations
• Internet visibility
• How important is it to be on first page of SERPs
On Site Optimization Demonstrated with Yoast
• What is on site optimization
• Google Keyword Research and General Keyword Strategy
• On site factors –
• Meta tags
• Keyword density
• Image alt text
• Outbound links
• Internal linking
• Internal on site search
• SEO copywriting, content strategy, operating like a publisher (content optimization)
Off Site Optimization
• What is off site optimization
• Off site factors
• Inspire to share
• Anchor text
• Forum posting
• Blog posting
• Webmasters tools
• Keyword planner
• SEO marketing tools
• Website analysis tools
• Trend analysis tools
• Related keyword research tools